If you’re like me and you’re starting 2020 on a healthier note, you may be interested in this healthy couscous salad. Up to now I have been afraid to mess with grains. However having recently tasted a Pearl Couscous salad in a local restaurant, I had to have more!
What you need:
- 125g of Pearl Couscous
- 1 litre of lightly salted water
- 1 cup of cucumber (cut into cubes)
- 1 cup of spinach
- Half a cup of beetroot (cut into cubes)
- 1 wedge of lemon juice
- Multi-seed mix
- Bring the salted water to the boil.
- Add 125g couscous and reduce to simmer for 12 minutes.
- While the couscous is simmering, cut up your veggies. I used all organic produce. Chop the cucumber, and beetroot into small cubes. Was and tear up the spinach leaves (no need for a knife, just tear with your hands as it’s better).
- Drain the couscous. If anyone has a better way of doing this, please tell me!! I took the excess water out of the pot with a ladle. I then poured the couscous from the pot into a bowl and used another bowl to cover the couscous and left a small gap for the water to pour out.
- Let the couscous cool.
- Add the veggies to the couscous and mix through.
- Add the seeds and finish with a squeeze of lemon juice for added freshness.
Then end result was delicious. The cucumber mixed with the beetroot and lemon juice give this salad a tasty bite. Why not give it a try !